Are you a professional working in the healthcare field and looking to expand your career horizons? Would you like to know that your work truly makes a difference in the world?
At Voices For Independence, we are improving lives every day. Our Home-Care Department helps support our mission of empowering people with disabilities and promoting independent living.
The Direct Care Specialist must be able to provide personal care and assistance with ancillary tasks to individuals with disabilities who live in the community. This position also carries out other duties assigned by the Agency Model Directors such as…
- Assisting with the development of Consumer/Participant daily routines of personal care services
- Training assigned attendants on Consumer/Participant Plans of Care and Consumer/Participant individual preferences for activities of daily living
- Assist Consumer/Participant with developing skills that will allow them to effectively and appropriately communicate their needs and preferences to their personal care staff
- Short-term placements, providing essential personal assistant services, such as (but not limited to) bathing, dressing, and bowl/bladder management, transferring from bed to wheelchair, meal preparation, light housekeeping and other tasks as requested by the individual, or directed by supervisor
- MUST have Personal Care Attendant experience
- Strong ability to provide personal care to individuals with disabilities
- Ability to to work a varied schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Communication skills and attention to detail
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge of Home and Community-Based Services
- Knowledge/Experience with Centers for Independent Living
Experience with the disabilities movement is preferred, but not required. Voices For Independence is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. Must be able to pass applicable criminal history background checks per the Department Of Health regulations pertaining to our line of business. Preference to candidates possessing a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Please apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Erie County
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Voices for Independence is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Voices for Independence does not discriminate in regard to race, creed, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual identity/orientation, national origin, or disability status. People with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.