Are you a professional working in the social services field and looking to expand your career horizons? Would you like to know that your work truly makes a difference in the world? At Voices for Independence, we are improving lives every day. Our Personal Assistance Services Department helps support our mission of empowering people with disabilities and promoting independent living.
Personal Assistance Services Supervisor’s main responsibilities are to schedule, provide supervision as needed, to evaluate performance of direct care workers, to monitor time sheets, and ensure that consumers are satisfied with the attendant services provided by direct care workers.
The supervisor is responsible in carrying out all functions of the job and to assist in the duties of other direct care worker staff when necessary.
This is an exempt (salaried) position that includes travel throughout the service area.
· Valid driver’s license
· Personal means of transportation
· Ability to carry and respond to the emergency response beeper on a rotating basis
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Be consistently punctual
· Complete all necessary documentation in a timely manner
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree in human services or a related field. (Experience may be substituted for education)
· Personal experience with a disability
· Home and Community-Based Services experience
· Experience with the Disability Rights Movement is preferred, but not required
Qualified candidates must pass employment background checks/screenings as mandated by the PA Department of Health and other governing entities
Voices For Independence is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. Voices for Independence is a center for independent living, established in Erie, PA, proudly serving individuals with disabilities in Western Pennsylvania for nearly 30 years.
People with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply today to join our growing team!